PowerPulse® from PulseTech® (USA)
Battery Maintenance System
- Uses Patented Pulse Technology
- Works on all types of lead-acid batteries
- Extends battery life up to 5 times.
- Available in 12-Volt, 24-Volt, 36-Volt and 48-Volt
- Used extensively by consumers and the U.S. Military worldwide for almost ten years
- Scientifically proven by two major U.S. universities to make batteries last longer
- Top 50 product by Automotive Engineering Magazine (U.S.)
- 5 Years Limited Warranty
- The PowerPulse® battery desulfator is designed to maximise battery life and performance in equipment and vehicles that is used frequently.
- PowerPulse® is not a battery charger, as charging doesn’t eliminate the main cause of premature battery failures.
- Over time, lead sulphate deposits form on battery plates and limit the surface area available for energy transfer and reduces the battery’s ability to accept, store and release energy.
- PowerPulse® applies high frequency pulsing cycles (not high voltage pulsing) into batteries that work to continuously dissolve and reduce both the number and size of lead sulphate deposits on battery plates. This results in batteries that maintain their state of charge much longer and more readily accept re-charge, dramatically extending battery life, up to five times.
- This small, weatherproof product is used as a supplement to your existing charging system. No electrical outlet is needed because PowerPulse® draws a small portion of the current from the battery. Safe and reliable, it works on all lead-acid batteries, including conventional flooded, sealed maintenance-free, VRLA, AGM, gel cell, antimony, hybrid and calcium-plate designs.
- PowerPulse® is available in 12-volt, 24-volt, 36-volt and 48 volt configurations.
- Each model has a five-year limited warranty.
December Holiday Break
We will be closed from 14 Dec – 2 Jan. Orders can still be placed and will be shipped on 3 Jan 2020. Please send enquiries to [email protected]
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
- Sulphation dramatically shortens battery life and is the cause of 80% of battery failure worldwide. As the electrolyte solution within the battery breaks down through age and lack of use, sulphate crystals form on the battery plates preventing them from performing efficiently and eventually rendering the battery useless.
- PowerPulse® battery maintenance systems and the Xtreme Charge® battery charger solves the sulphation problem. The patented Pulse Technology incorporated into these products will remove sulphation from the battery plates and will prevent premature failure and extend battery life up to five times.
- Pulse Technology has been scientifically validated through extensive test studies conducted with Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan and Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. PulseTech contracted with Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan and Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio to conduct separate evaluations of the technology. These extensive evaluations began in the summer of 1998 and concluded in the Fall of 2000.
- During these studies, these crystalline buildups were regularly investigated by X-ray diffraction methods. The X-ray diffraction data confirmed the positive effects of the application of this patented Pulse Technology on the battery plate morphology. It shows a more even distribution of lead sulfate crystals over the surface area of the battery plates. It also revealed a significant reduction in the size of the lead-sulfate crystals. These microscopic changes, kind of an electro-mechanical stirring or cleaning action on the plate surface, greatly improve a battery’s ability to accept and store more energy.
- During the Oakland University study, testing was also done on stored batteries to determine how this patented Pulse Technology would affect military vehicles that sit unused for long periods of time. The batteries were stored at a constant temperature of 25°C (77°F) for 14 weeks. The final report lists the following results: “There is a distinctive difference in the charge capacity between these two batteries. A battery stored under the influence of pulsation (Pulse Technology) retained its original capacity while the capacity of the battery stored without pulsation lost a considerable amount of charge. The decrease of charge capacity of batteries stored without pulsation decreased in a linear fashion with time. After 14 weeks the decrease of charge capacity accounted for about 25% of the battery’s original capacity. In this same period of time, the charge of the battery attached to a product using pulse technology slightly increased. This is probably due to a reconditioning (reforming) process of the battery plates by the application of Pulse Technology or continuous pulsation.
- The United States Air Force Management Equipment and Evaluation Program also conducted their own studies of Pulse Technology and shared their findings: “This evaluation indicates that many batteries previously condemned could be reclaimed if Pulse Technology were used extensively… Pulse Technology worked by removing sulfation from the battery plates as the manufacturer claimed. It is unknown exactly how long a battery will last with Pulse Technology connected, but it is estimated at least eight to ten years of life can be added.”
- The following photos are from an independent study comparing PulseTech’s Pulse Technology to conventional charging. The photos are of actual battery plates after varying numbers of charge and discharge cycles. These images clearly reveal the benefits of charging and pulsing with PulseTech’s Pulse Technology versus charging alone.
- The top row shows plates from actual batteries charged and pulsed with PulseTech’s patented Pulse Technology. The second row shows plates from batteries charged with a conventional charger. Note the formation of lead-sulfate crystals on the conventionally charged plates over time.
- Even after hundreds of cycles, the batteries charged and pulsed with PulseTech’s Pulse Technology have no sulphate accumulation, ensuring that the batteries will perform at maximum peak capacity.
- PulseTech® products applies a patented, high-frequency pulse waveform of a specific amplitude and frequency that is precisely controlled by microprocessors.
- This patented conditioning process is NOT pulse charging or a burst of high voltage provided within the charging regimen, but rather a low voltage, high-frequency conditioning pulse that is introduced into the battery via a separate circuit independent of the charging circuit. This patented waveform has been proven to be the best at removing sulphation from battery plates and returning lead sulphate back to the electrolyte solution.
- The economic impact of using PulseTech® products is significant, as it reduces the cost of replacement batteries, downtime caused by equipment failure, labour costs and battery disposal costs.
- The environmental impact is also significant. Batteries are expensive and difficult to dispose of safely. By using PowerPulse® the number of batteries destined for the scrap yard can be reduced by over 70%.
- PowerPulse® won’t damage the electrical system on any vehicle. By attaching PowerPulse® to the battery, the pulsing energy is absorbed within the battery and is not “seen” elsewhere in the electrical system. This technology has been applied to a variety of military vehicles with very sensitive launching systems or computer systems with no interference or problems.
- PowerPulse® has also been tested by a major automobile manufacturer and have passed all the electromagnetic emissions tests they were put through.
- Car Batteries
- Motorbike Batteries
- Truck batteries
- Golf Cart Batteries
- Forklift Batteries
- Marine Batteries
- UPS Batteries
- Generator Batteries
- Solar Storage Batteries
- Wind Storage Batteries
- Scissor Lift Batteries
- Deep Cycle Batteries
The PowerPulse® Battery Maintenance Systems and XTreme Charger Battery Charger will dramatically extend the life of your batteries!